As a means of encouraging students to study foreign languages, I am conducting an informal survey to determine when and how individuals last used a foreign language. If you have had a recent experience when you said even a few words of a foreign language that you can speak to any degree, fill out the comment form below. Send me a brief note telling me:
1) when the instance occurred;
2) where did it occur;
3) what is your native language;
4) what language did you use;
5) how fluent you are in the foreign language you used (native, very good, good, beginning);
6) whether you used the language for business or a personal matter;
7) if you used the foreign language for business reasons, what is your profession;
8) what was the topic of discussion in general terms; and
9) any other information you consider useful.
I will collect the information from the survey until I have a reasonable number of responses and then correlate the data. I will not post anyone's name or profession, nor will I share any personal information with third parties. The comment box below automatically will send an e-mail to me, but if you are hesitant about using it, you can send your response directly to me at email@example.com. In order to keep the results meaningful, please respond only once.
This is not a sophisticated survey, but I suspect that it will yield some interesting results.